Hyde Park Addition
Austin, TX | Addition & Renovation
This bungalow in historic Hyde Park needed an additional bathroom, upgraded Laundry room, and interior storage to make it more livable. Great care was taken to integrate the addition into the existing home and to ease construction (minimize costs). Salvaged materials were reused to maintain the character of the 1930s bungalow.
- Site: Urban corner lot in historic Hyde Park neighborhood.
- Design: Integrated bath addition created second bath for older bungalow home. Upgraded Laundry room and added interior storage for modern living.
- Lighting: Daylighting is utilized – clerestory windows provide natural light and privacy; Interior lighting is a mix of fluorescent and LED lighting.
- Landscape: Outdoor zones were were created between buildings and under existing trees to maximize small urban lot.
- Project Team: Thoughtcrib, Inc.: Eric S. Brown, LEED AP (design); Vault Structural Engineering, LLC: Paul Sexton, P.E. (structural engineering); Travis Horton (general contractor)